How We’re Different
The Green House Cottages of Belle Meade standout from Traditional Nursing Homes in Paragould, Arkansas.
Respect and Dignity
- Every resident is respectfully addressed as Elder as opposed to resident
- Quality of life is most important and includes the right to privacy, dignity, autonomy, and emotional well-being.
- Green House Cottage families are consistently satisfied with how their aging loved ones live and the care they receive.
- Elders in the Green House Cottage model experience lower depression rates.
- Elders in Green House Cottages have more autonomy versus traditional homes.
- The Green House model connects and interacts with the local Community.
- Every elder’s likes, dislikes, wants, and desires are heard.
- Elders at Belle Meade have free and unrestricted access to the outdoors.
- Elders choose when to wake up and when (and what) to eat.
- Elders are free to choose from a variety of nutrient dense meals.
- Elders are free to choose to eat in a family-style setting or alone.
- Elders have the choice to participate in kitchen activities, including cooking.
Feels like Home
- Elders don’t see medical signposts, alarms, buzzers, med carts, loudspeakers, or restraints.
- The same technology found at home is integrated into each Green House cottage.
- Holidays and special events feel like they do at home. Christmas is Christmas. Your birthday is your birthday.
- Families are encouraged and welcome to come more often and stay longer.
- Kids and grandkids are always welcome and encouraged.
- No set schedules – Belle Meade allows for a rhythmic, comfortable, natural living flow just as one would live at home.
- Every elder as free access to kitchen, laundry, and common areas.
Experienced and Trained Staff
- Every staff member has a minimum of 120 hours of extra training in elder care.
- Green House staff members are more satisfied with their jobs compared to traditional institutions and more likely to stay longer in their role.
- Belle Meade provides continuous education and ongoing training development for our staff.
Better Outcomes for Therapy and Rehabilitation
- The Green House Cottages of Belle Meade offer specialized care in areas such as orthopedics, cardiopulmonary, and sepsis.
- Our therapy ratio is 1:1.
- The Green House Cottages model of care has shown readmission rates of less than 1%, compared to traditional institutional settings of 18% and higher.
- The average length of stay for short-term rehab in a Green House Cottage is around 19 days compared to the traditional 28 days.
- Green House Cottages have lower infection rates compared to traditional homes.
- The Green House Cottages of Belle Meade offers customized rehab programs with a holistic approach to care.